A great location for staying cheaply in a stunning location close to Dartmoor. You can book in advance or just turn up but as the centre is not open 24 hours campers must arrive within the opening hours and pay in advance for their stay
|Under 12s||£3 pppn|
|2 and under||Free|
- Clean toilets and hot showers open 24 hours when campers are booked in
- Kitchen and Function Rooms to hire
- Sports Hall with Badminton Nets and 5 aside Goalposts available
- Large sports field with football and cricket pitches, picnic area and stream
- Tennis courts to hire
- Children’s play area and skateboard park
- All Facilities are available within standard opening times and at published costs, according to the rules of the centre.
Tennis Courts, Outdoor Swimming Pool, Local pubs, tearooms and the whole of Dartmoor to discover on foot, bike or horseback
Bovey Castle Spa and Golf Course, Minature Pony Centre, Pennywell Farm, Crealy World of Adventures, Becky Falls, Kents Cavern and Blackpool Sands.
Rock climbing, abseiling, fishing, horse riding, paintballing and sailing.
The historic city is just 30 minutes drive away.
I don’t think the staff could have been more friendly, nothing was too much trouble. The facilities were cleaned daily and cleanliness was to a high standard. The site is completely flat and has a lovely big open space for the children to play in My 2 loved the little play area and the skate park. The site has a very safe feel to it for children as you can still keep a watchful eye on them from wherever you pitch your tent. Also, there is a car park for vehicles so this eliminates any traffic. The location of the sight is fantastic. It’s a very short walk to the shops and pub but far enough away to be peaceful and tranquil. If your willing to drive 10-20mins from the site, the surrounding area offers lots of places to visit.
There was loads of available space, which was great, allowing my partner and I, and the rest of our party the ability to set our tents up close together, and meant that noise wasn’t an issue.
It was a great location, convenient walking distance to the centre of Moretonhampstead, and allowed us to kick off our hiking trails directly from the site. The staff were friendly when we interacted with them, so that was good. The other significant plus is that it’s great value for money.
Terms and Conditions
- No dogs are allowed on site
- No cars are to be parked on the field – they must be parked in the car park
- No open fires – please use BBQ racks
- Tents must be pitched up along the hedge line
- You must pay for your full stay up front
- Please be aware that the feild is used for sports like football, the Centre are not liable for any damages or injuries
For more information or to book please contact us